Questions to ask yourself first:
Do you have thoughts on a possible college major? If so, name a few, if not, don't worry, most colleges don't ask students to declare a major until the end of their sophomore year. If you do have a focused interest, there are colleges that would have programs for you.
- What activities have you participated in during high school that you would like to continue doing in college? Or activities that you werern't able to participate in during high school that you would like to pursue in college.
- If you chose to take a year off before heading to college, what would you love to do?
- Assess your need for diversity. Do you like being surrounded by people who look like you or would you thrive in a more diverse environment?
- Do you consider yourself a good advocate for your own academic needs? Do you think you might fall through the cracks at a larger university?
- Do you want to "start fresh" and go to a college where you don't know anyone? Or will you feel more comfortable if there are many students from your high school class at the college you choose?
- Would you enjoy seeing many of the same people often or would you prefer being in an environment where you can be anonymous? Do you think you'd be happier being a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?
- Do you feel ready to move away from home and be completely independent?
- What degree of challenge makes you feel most comfortable? Do stronger students push you to try harder or do you enjoy the confidence of comfortably sitting at the top of the class?
- Would you describe your need for culture (museums, restaurants, events), shopping, big athletics, etc... as high, medium or low.
Fredonia On-Campus Visits: The Admissions Information Session and Tour consists of a half-hour presentation from one of our admissions counselors, covering undergraduate admissions, financial aid and campus residence life information at Fredonia. See site to schedule a visit.
BGSU In-Person-Visits: Visits are small and personalized with top safety and cleaning practices in place. if interested see site to schedule a visit.
Ohio Undergraduate Admissions: Talk to our staff to answer any questions you may have.
Columbia University Online Information Session: Attend an online information session to learn about Columbia's Immersion Pregram. Dates available are sept. 23,2020, Sept. 26th at 1:00pm and Sept. 29th at 1:00pm.
In Our Backyard
Saturday, October 24@ 10:00AM
Sunday, November 8@ 10:00AM
Wednesday, December 2 at 6:00PM
September 27th @11am
October 18th @11am
November 1st & 22nd @11am
Saturday, Oct.20th @9am
Saturday, Sept. 26th
Saturday, Oct. 24th
Saturday, Nov. 14th
Saturday, Oct. 17th, 11:00am to 4:00pm