Benefits of an NYSED Advanced Regents Diploma?
- All students should consider and aspire toward the NYSED Advanced Regents diploma, regardless if you are going to college or trade school.
- Currently over 60% of our ACHS students attain this designation and our students seeking this level of performance continues to grow.
- The NYSED Advanced Regents Diploma only requires three more rigorous high school classes beyond the normal Regents Diploma.
- You can potentially save on college tuition (language requirements could be waived which opens the college schedule for a course toward a minor or dual major).
- The NYSED Advanced Regents Diploma denotes a higher level of achievement for colleges and is more college preparatory in nature.
Details: The NYSED Advanced Diploma requires successful completion of additional Regents or local exams:
- three units of local LOTE (Language Other Than English)
- two Science Regents exams, one of which must include Biology
- Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2 Regents exams.
- A five-unit sequence in fine arts, business, or career and technical education, may replace the three-unit LOTE sequence of an Advanced Diploma.
With Honors: Students who achieve a 90% average on 8 Regents exams will earn an Advanced Regents diploma “With Honors” designation.
Questions: Talk to your child's school counselor or school administrator. Check out our Amherst Advanced Video