Health Mitigation Resources
Minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses
There are a number of steps that students, staff and community members can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the state Department of Health:
- Wear a cloth face covering.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Parents are asked to keep children home who exhibit cold and flu-like symptoms. Guidelines for when to keep a child home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Review hand-washing tips. Wash hands often with anti-bacterial soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
Stopping the spread of germs
Just for kids: A comic explaining the new coronavirus
CDC - Travel Information
New York State Travel Restrictions