Pre-K registration for the 2022-2023 School Year will open on Feb. 7, 2022
Pre-K registration for the 2022-2023 school year will open on Feb. 7, 2022
2022-23 UPK Registration Timeline
- February 7 - Registration opens for 2022-23 school year
- March 4
- Due date for PreK application with registration information
- Applications received after this date will be dated and placed based on availability.
- Students will be placed on a waitlist in order of date on application if spots are not available. (Rolling admissions occur all year)
- March 14 – Acceptance letters sent home with site location and morning or afternoon session assignment
- May – Pre-K Orientation (TBD), Parent handbook available on website
- August – Placement letter mailed home with teacher assignment, teacher welcome letter, supply list, and PreK calendar.
- Late August – Bus assignments for those attending Windermere Boulevard UPK site will be available in the Aspen Parent Portal
- The ACSD Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program is a half-day program (2.5 hours) with morning and afternoon sessions at two sites:
- Windermere Boulevard Elementary School at 291 Windermere Boulevard
- Amherst Community Church Child Care Center at 77 Washington Highway
- Age Requirements: open to any four-year-old residing in the district. The child must be four by Dec. 1 of the school year they are applying for. Your child is only eligible to attend Pre-K the year they turn 4 prior to Dec. 1.
- Transportation is provided to and from the Windermere site only. Parents are responsible for transportation at the ACCCC.
- ACCCCC has wrap-around childcare available for families that is self-pay. This means you can have your child attend daycare there and the 2.5 hour UPK portion of the day is free. Wrap-care spots are limited and are separate from the UPK program. Contact Andrea O’Hern, ACCCCC Director, at 834-9701 for more information about childcare.
- Parents can select a preference, however placements are not guaranteed because class sizes are limited. As a result of the program being funded by state grants, definite confirmation will occur only after the New York State budget is passed and Universal Pre-kindergarten funding is guaranteed.
2021-2022 Registration Information
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be done online using our Family Connection platform. If you have difficulty with registration, please contact your home school, Smallwood or Windermere, for assistance.
Karen Redding, PreK Coordinator
Office hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. You can expect a reply on those days.