Junior - Senior Privileges - Form
Privileges are a special right granted to a student who exhibits academic responsibility and good school citizenship.
Junior/Senior Privileges allow students the freedom to use available facilities for worthwhile purposes during unassigned time. These purposes may include: pursuit of academic assignments in Library, Computer Center, 2nd floor silent study area, front courtyard, center court yard and cafeteria. Junior/Senior Privileges for an academic year may be granted at the start of the marking period or revoked at any time. It is the student’s responsibility to submit a completed application and waiver for approval to the Dean of Students. Junior/Senior Privileges may not be granted or will be revoked under, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Junior/Senior Privilege at Amherst High School is an option for qualified 11th & 12th grade students. These students must maintain a minimum grade of 72 or higher in each course in order to continue Junior/Senior Privilege once it has been granted. Prior parental approval must be given before students can participate in the program. Those students who do not qualify will be assigned to a study hall.
- Juniors/Seniors in violation of school rules as identified in the student management plan will be subject to loss of privileges for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Junior/Seniors who fail to submit completed required school forms. These are, but not limited to: Student Health Emergency Data Form, Rules For All Students and Policy on Student Use of Computerized Information Resources.
- Juniors/Seniors who have not made restitution for their books, lab keys, elevator keys from previous year.
- Junior/Senior Privileges are not a hall pass. All students must have a pass to be in the halls.
- Students cannot leave campus unless they have approved late arrival or early dismissal; students cannot go to parking lots, playing fields or any other non-supervised area.
- Seniors only may apply for early release or late arrival on the back of this form.
- Students who lose Junior/Senior Privileges will be expected to be in school from 8:20 AM to 3:22 p.m. unless granted an exemption by the Dean of Students. Privileges may be revoked by the parent or guardian at any time.
- If Junior/Senior Privilege is revoked, you must reapply for the next quarter.