There are currently 58 colleges in New York State that offer at least one bachelor's degree online.
Best Schools offers a way to search colleges, degree programs, financial aid information and much more.
College Atlas provides all kinds of interesting information on colleges.
Picking a College, 10 Questions to ask yourself first:
- Do you have thoughts on a possible college major? If so, name a few, if not, don't worry, most colleges don't ask students to declare a major until the end of their sophomore year. If you do have a focused interest, there are colleges that would have programs for you.
- What activities have you participated in during high school that you would like to continue doing in college? Or activities that you werern't able to participate in during high school that you would like to pursue in college.
- If you chose to take a year off before heading to college, what would you love to do?
- Assess your need for diversity. Do you like being surrounded by people who look like you or would you thrive in a more diverse environment?
- Do you consider yourself a good advocate for your own academic needs? Do you think you might fall through the cracks at a larger university?
- Do you want to "start fresh" and go to a college where you don't know anyone? Or will you feel more comfortable if there are many students from your high school class at the college you choose?
- Would you enjoy seeing many of the same people often or would you prefer being in an environment where you can be anonymous? Do you think you'd be happier being a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?
- Do you feel ready to move away from home and be completely independent?
- What degree of challenge makes you feel most comfortable? Do stronger students push you to try harder or do you enjoy the confidence of comfortably sitting at the top of the class?
- Would you describe your need for culture (museums, restaurants, events), shopping, big athletics, etc... as high, medium or low?
Welcome to College Fairs Online: Students ca chat with admissions reps and get financial aid information as well as ask any wuestions they have about college. Dates are May 20th - 25th only!
Former Graduate John Coudriet and New Paltz Student: John Coudriet will be here on Thursday, May 9th during periods 7-9 to share his experiences and the benefits of studying abroad. If you are interested in attending, see Mrs. Carapetyan in student services to sign up for the period that you will be attending.
SUNY Fredonia: Three formal students, Dante Lasting, Shane Keyes and Nora Ramsy will be here to share all the advantages of an education at Fredonia College. The date is May 21st during period 3 in Student Services. If you are considering Fredonia, this would be a great opportunity to hear from your peers.
National Guard: A National Guard representative will be here on May 22nd during lunch periods 4-6 by the cafeteria.If you are interested stop by and learn more about serving your country.
Attention Juniors and Parent's: Financial Aid Night at Amherst High School,Wednesday, May 29, 2019 from 6:30- 8pm. Representatives from Canisius College will be here to speak about the financial aid process and answer any questions.