Welcome to the Smallwood Drive PTA
We’d like to extend a warm welcome to our new and returning Smallwood families! We want to assure our SDS families that our PTA will be working overtime to make sure that we support our students, teachers and administration as best we can through this academic year. To do that we need resources, both financial and physical. We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to assist in our easiest fundraiser by joining our PTA. A majority of the dues paid stay right here at Smallwood - last year we raised approximately $1500 from membership alone.
1. What does the PTA do?
The PTA is dedicated to supporting our students, as well as the Smallwood teachers and staff. In a normal year, the PTA funds approximately $22,000 in new programs as well as favorite historic activities for our students. We are working closely with ACSD leaders and we continue to be hopeful that some of our best loved activities may occur later in the school year or in a modified state this year. Of course our children’s health and safety is of greatest concern and we will rely on the guidance of ASCD leadership in all that we do.
Some examples of things we intend to support or those that we are hopeful we can support at a later date are:
- Provide Amherst Apparel Sales Online (PAWS shirts, Amherst masks, hoodies, etc.)
- Fund free PAWS shirts for incoming kindergartners
- Teacher Grants - allows teachers to request funds for unique activities or experiences
- Teacher Stipend - provide each teacher with a small stipend to purchase items for their classroom
- 5th Grade Play & Moving Up Ceremony
- Beck’s Cooking Class and Coffee Cart
- Various Field Trips and Busing (TBD - unknown)
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Activities (lunches, retirements, snacks)
- SDS Garden
2. PTA Fundraising & Events - many things unknown
Given the current landscape, we are not certain of dates or events. In-person fundraising may be limited or look very different this year so we will have to get creative. If you are able please consider “topping up” your membership fee by adding a donation. Typically the PTA hosts the following fundraisers and community events. We remain hopeful that these events can occur in the spring even if the format is modified for health and safety.
- Fall Fest - Fall 2021 TBD
- Pancake Breakfast – late Spring 2022 TBD
- Art Shows & Silver Graphics Fundraiser - late Spring 2022 TBD
- Sing Off – late Spring 2022 TBD
Please look on the SDS school calendar for additional information on upcoming events.
3. How do I get started?
- JOIN the SDS PTA NOW - Your membership helps us generate the funds to provide students with unique opportunities. Sign up https://smallwooddrive.memberhub.store
- Like our Facebook page – Search for: Smallwood Drive PTA
- Attend our first VIRTUAL ZOOM meeting – Sept. 23, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - ZOOM details to follow.
- Volunteer - in uncertain times we are reinventing many processes. Volunteers are always welcome. There are a variety of opportunities for all.
- Have no extra time but still want to help? Feel free to upgrade your membership to offer an additional monetary donation. See the membership link above for more information on how to “top up” your membership dues.
4. Contact Information – Questions?
email@example.com - Carlos Zuniga, President
firstname.lastname@example.org - Shannon Ragonnet, VP Membership
Follow and Like the Smallwood Drive PTA on Facebook
To join the Smallwood Drive PTA: You can join online at PTA Membership.
Questions specific to Smallwood PTA membership, membership email
All other questions, email