In accordance with the Erie County Executive's recommendation to avoid large gatherings and in light of the declaration of multiple States of Emergency, Amherst Central School District will be closed until April 29, 2020. We will continue to monitor this situation as it unfolds and follow guidance from the state.
Minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses
There are a number of steps that students, staff and community members can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the state Department of Health:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Parents are asked to keep children home who exhibit cold and flu-like symptoms. Guidelines for when to keep a child home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Review hand-washing tips. Wash hands often with anti-bacterial soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.