Steps to Get Working Papers

  • Students who reside in the Amherst school district and are ages 14 through 17 are eligible to apply for their working papers through Amherst High School.  Obtaining your working papers is a quick and easy process that only requires a few steps.

    1. Fill out just Part One of the application linked below.  Make sure it is signed by a parent or guardian.  Paper copies of this application are also available in the Student Services office.

    2. You must provide the school with a copy of your most recent physical.  The physical must be from the past 12 months.  If the physical is older than 12 months then you must see a doctor to get an updated physical.
    • You can bring a paper copy of the physical to the Student Service office or email it to
    • You or your doctor may also fax the physical to the school nurse at (716) 836-4972.
    • If you have previously turned your physical in to Amherst High School please visit the school nurse to ask for a copy.

    3. *For non-Amherst High School students only: You must present official documentation for proof of the student's age  If you are a current student at Amherst High School you do NOT need to provide this information as we will already have a record of this in the student file. Accepted documents for proof of age include a birth certificate, passport, driver license/permit, or other official document that states the student's full name and date of birth.

    Once all of these documents have been turned in to the Amherst High School Student Services office, we will be able to issue the working papers immediately.

    If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thomas in the Student Services office or email